Optimal nutrition/supplements for surgery recovery

I’m having arthroscopic shoulder surgery in 10 days and am looking into ways of optimizing my recovery. I’m curious if there are any supplements that would be beneficial.

I’m currently taking fish oil, Vit D3, Vit K2, Mg and Ashwagandha. I’ll likely discontinue these a few days before the surgery. I’ll also probably lay off the ashwagandha after the surgery but continue taking the rest. Is there anything else I can add that will help? Collagen? Zinc? Vit C? Amino acids?

I’m currently cutting at around 1,900 calories but will probably raise it to 2,400 calories for a couple weeks post-surgery to ensure I’m not deficient in anything. I don’t think I need to eat at my maintenance (2,900 calories) as I won’t be doing a whole lot of moving initially. I’ll avoid processed foods and alcohol as much as possible. Is there a recommended protein target for surgery recovery?

Any thoughts on what else can be done diet/supplement wise for optimal recovery? Thanks for any input.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2KBrATX

0 comments:

Post a Comment