Can Genetic Potential Be This Low?

Hi everyone,

I started lifting and eating for muscle growth three years ago, and have been very consistent about it, save a 6-month break due to illness. I'm a little shy about posting pictures, but I find the results very disappointing. I've been at a plateau in the past few months, carefully increasing calories to get past it, but recently my nutritionist told me that he thinks I'm nearing the end of my genetic potential. I found this devastating, because to be frank, had I known this was as far as I'm going to get, I don't think I would have even started in the first place. Still, I find it surprising that anyone's genetic potential could be this low. Maybe I was wrong to buy into the hype that "anyone can have an amazing physique if they just put their mind to it". Maybe that's just PC bull after all?

Here are some stats:

Height: 5' 7"

JUN 2016 (Starting out):
Weight: 131 lb
Body Fat: 15%
Arms: 12"

[6 months bulking, 6 months off due to illness, then 1 year of bulking]

AUG 2018:
Weight: 160 lb
Body Fat: 18%
Arms: 14"

[6 months cutting]

FEB 2019:
Weight: 130lb
Body Fat: 9%
Arms: 13.2"

[5 months bulking]

CURRENT:
Weight: 140lb
Body Fat: 11%
Arms: 13.8"

I think my lifts are pretty decent:
Bench Press: 145lb (x8 reps)
Squat: 240lb incl. bar (x8 reps) - I know it might seem like a lot, I have very strong legs though, in all exercises.
Shoulder Press: 60lb dumbbells (x8 reps)

I'm currently at 3000 cals, 156g of protein per day.

So my questions is - do you think it's possible that someone's genetic potential is really that low?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2YudFCk

0 comments:

Post a Comment