Starting to get exertion headaches

Hi guys,

I’m hoping someone whos experienced something similar or is informed on the issue can give me some advice.

As of yesterday, ive switched the time of my workouts to be early in the morning as opposed to at night. I normally would workout around 7:00pm just before eating dinner. I began working out 6:30am after eating nothing but a few slices of watermelon, black coffee, and taking omega 3 fish oil supplements and some Himalayan pink salts in my water. I did this because I was noticing my numbers kind of plateau and I was losing motivation going after work. So i figured if I went in the morning I could drink caffeine prior which would help. Its worth mentioning caffeine isn’t something I drank prior to this. I also drink a lot of water and eat really balanced healthy meals (lean meats, jasmine rice, vegetables is the majority of it). I also constantly breathe through sets (out on push/pull, in on decline) i dont take any supplements other than fish oils.

Anyways, i was doing bulgarian split squats yesterday near the end of my workout, not crazy heavy or anything yet, and was really pushing myself through a high reps set, and right when I reracked the weight i just got a thunderous headache, almost as if something popped in my head. It lasted about 30 seconds before subsiding, and then from there it just stayed and annoyed me through any lift i did after. Wasnt terribly painful but did inhibit my ability to push myself. So I left and my head kind of stayed like this for the rest of the day. Then I went again this morning, not feeling the headache anymore, started working my way up on BP, again wasnt going too terribly heavy, but as soon as my set started to tough this huge headache returned and I had to rack the weight. The headache is really strong and like radiates through to my neck and face and I cant move for like 30 seconds before it chills out. Then the same thing happened where it kind of just lingered and bugged me when I tried to lift, getting worse everytime any set got any bit difficult. I kind of just left the gym and came to work, and its still lingering like yesterday. I guess its worth mentioning my sleep has gone down 1-1.5 hours because Im waking up earlier.

Given my nutrition, breathing techniques, timing of lifts, eating patterns, caffeine consumption?? , im wondering if anyone recognizes what this might be caused by, and how to fix it or whether I should wait it out before lifting. Im hoping this is just some common thing and will subside within a couple days. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2XAqldM

0 comments:

Post a Comment