Sanity check? Do I need to eat all target calories for gain mass if hitting Protein?

Can anyone give me a sanity check with my current nutrition. If I hit my protein macro, but am below my TDEE, so I need to eat more to hit the TDEE target? What should I eat to hit TDEE?

Im 5f510, weigh 78.8kg, with around 14.6% bodyfat. I have track stats/food quite strictly for the last 6 years. I lost around 30kg around 4-5 ago, and a futrther 11kg more recently. At one stage, I was on very low calories (way below BMR), and have managed to reverse diet over the last 18 months, and now have a maintenance of around 2550 calories, with target of 173 PRO, 83g FAT, 278 Carb

I tend to maintain the same level of cardio (10000 steps) with gym cardio only to "top up" to the target if needed. Spin 2x week and around 30mins weight a day, mainly upper arms / Legs.

My target is to gain lean body mass with minimal fat gain? Do I need to make sure I hit my TDEE and eat ALL my calories? Should I be in slight calories surplus? Is so, what surplus should I aim for? 200 / cals day??

Assume I hit, protein macro target, is it better to carb/fat to achieve calories or exceed protein? Any suggested foods to add calories?

Any pointers to optimise?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2JbI1mH

0 comments:

Post a Comment