Muscle growth and performance - Glycogenolysis vs. Lipolysis

Hello!

A little preface to the question.

I've tried many different diets through the years and found out I feel the best with a moderate-to-high protein (25-30%), high fat (55-60%) and low carb (10-15%), of course somewhat varying.

The high fat is very important to me. I've found that I don't feel the need to snack at all, I don't feel cravings for sugary junk and overall I feel full and satisfied on high fat diet, compared to both high protein and/or high carb diet.

That said, I would like to get back to strength training again, after a 3 year period of almost no weight lifting and mostly light cardio.

What I am curious about is this:

1. Is there a solid, science-based equation to calculate minimum to optimal amount of carbs for muscle recovery and growth ?

2. Since on this diet I run out of glycogen quickly, how much worse (I am just assuming it is worse, because of the length of the conversion) is relying on lipolysis, instead of glycogenolysis during a training session, when it comes to strength and endurance ?

Thank you!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2X67MyF

0 comments:

Post a Comment