Am I dumb or the nutritionist is right ?

Hi guys,

I had a nutritionist appointment today and she got me confused or made me look dumb with all of my research i have done so seeking guidance from the gurus to see if I am crazy or the nutritionist is dumb.

I am 38 year old, 171 lb 5’10. As per the scale or the equipment in the gym, I have a 13% body fat but when I used the caliper, my calculations was 23% body fat. Not sure if my measurements were wrong or what.

Anyhow, I took the route of going on a 2000 calorie diet with 200g of protein, 150g of carbs and 30% fat.

I scheduled an appointment with the nutritionist and first thing she said was that looking at me, she don’t think I have 23% body fat and she believes the body fat from the machine more than the caliper because the calipers are tend to be wrong. So either I am not doing the caliper right or either the nutritionist is wrong.

She looked at my log and told me why are you consuming 200g of protein every day and 10 egg whites per day ? My answer was that when a person is in caloric deficit diet, in order to maintain the muscles, one should eat more protein so that he don’t loose the muscles. She said WRONG. You should only eat .8g of protein per body weight and anything excessive is not going to help but create problems in health like storing fat in the liver etc.

I questioned her ability by saying that carbs turns into sugar so not sure how carbs will help me build muscle and she states that carbs produce glykogen(I believe that’s the word she used) and stated that it helps to build muscles not protein. Protein is used to repair your muscle and you should not eat more than 30g of protein with every meal.

Her recommendation is to stay on 2000 calorie diet but follow below plan ;

1. eat 6 egg whites in the morning with vegetables
2. Eat couscous, chicken or fish or lentils with vegetables and fruits in lunch
3. Snack nuts quarter cup and fresh fruits a cup
4. Post workout protein shake
5. Same as lunch

So basically 200g carbs, 150g of protein and the rest fat.

My goal in life is to get some definition in my muscles. I do hit hard in the gym and I don’t see much results because I have too much skin. I am not sure who to believe and which route I should follow. Please do remember I had a pre fatty liver and inreversed it by my diet.

Please look at my profile picture which is current. I don’t know if I should be eating 200g protein,150g carbs or 150g ofnprotein and 200g carbs.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2IZLIvS

0 comments:

Post a Comment