How big of a deal is an occasional complete 24-36 hour fast?

Given recent discussions concerning my previous question about protein-latency, provided a weekly protein minimum target is reached, is a complete fast from dinner to breakfast the day after a full fasted day necessarily a terrible idea, from time to time?

How detrimental would that be to an individual with decent muscle mass who trains regularly? For instance, I am still cutting and am not struggling with appetite today, but tomorrow is my little brother's birthday and I have a meal out with my family scheduled. It wouldn't be hard for me just not to eat anything today so that I can still maintain my deficit and enjoy a large meal and a good time with them, but does this pretty much entail a guaranteed amount of atrophy?

If someone does this from time to time to "spare-up" some calories here and there without it being routine or frequent, is it likely to matter at all in the long run?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/JTC8UbX

0 comments:

Post a Comment