Outgrowing a caffeine dependency despite regular use?

I've had several cups of coffee a day since I was 12 years old. When I would cut back on it as a teenager, even a moderate reduction gave me acute, fairly unpleasant withdrawals: headache, impeded mental clarity, lack of energy, lack of motivation or interest in anything, etc. As I've become an adult, I still regularly drink coffee in fairly high amounts, but on the occasional odd day where I don't have any at all, I don't notice this same onset of withdrawal. At the same time, the conscious psychoactive effects have gotten weaker and I mostly drink it for the flavor and out of longstanding ritual.

In medicine, is there any such thing as eventually "muting" the effect, such that a growing tolerance at some point nullifies any withdrawal if the substance is abstained from?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/dOq4Pot

0 comments:

Post a Comment