Caloric intake help

Hey guys, I’ve been doing extensive research and still feel unclear about exactly how many calories I should be ingesting. I’m looking to build muscle, while limited fat gain. I plan on cutting this summer after I build some muscle, I thought about cutting once I hit the 20% BF mark. But hoping to avoid that as long as possible to build lean muscle. So here’s my profile:
6’3
200lbs
Currently 18.5% BF
Lift weights roughly 1 hour per session, 4-5 days a week.
I’m a school teacher so I wouldn’t say I have a very ‘active’ job.

I wear an Apple Watch every day for the simple fact of tracking my active calories burned. After using multiple website’s bmr calculator. I figure my bmr is roughly 2000 calories, give or take a little. So then, I add in my active calories burned per day, according to my Apple Watch. Typically, it ranges from 300-600.

So, I figure my calories burned per day to be roughly 2,500. Add about 300 for me trying to bulk and I figure 2,800 should be close to accurate. I’ve been tracking my macros closely and feel as though I’m doing good on that. I average around 300 carbs, 200g protein, and 100g fat per day. While staying around the 2,800 calorie mark.

I use the Renpho body scale and since the first of the year, I’ve gained 8 pounds, while adding 1.6% body fat. So I’m hoping that is a decent gain in muscle in that time.

I just wanted your all’s input and based on everything, wanted to see what I could do to improve as far as my calories/macros go. Thanks!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/r76dNcS

0 comments:

Post a Comment