Starting my bulk cycle but am losing weight?

Hi all,

I am fresh to the lifestyle now but have been on a clean bulk for almost a month and a half now. Currently, I am using the UA MyFitnessPal to scan the bar code of my food, weigh out my servings, and portion the food up to track my calories and macros. According to multiple calorie maintenance calculators, for someone my age/size (25yrs, 5'9, 170lbs) I should be taking in 2600-2800 to maintain my weight. Ever since I started clean bulking, I have been taking in over 3,400 calories EVERY day, some days I would even surpass 4,000 calories and that's after working out at the gym. I'm seeing "newbie gains" as people at work and at home tell me I look thinner/slimmer. I purchased a smart scale a week ago and have been weighing myself periodically and while those are not 100% accurate they give me an idea, but for about a week now I've actually been losing a few lbs and 0.3% body fat. If I am clearly eating more than I burn, how is this possible to be losing a few pounds?

Any feedback is appreciated and my goal is to gain muscle mass in the long run as I am a natural ectomorph. Currently I weigh 169.6 lbs with 13.5% body fat according to my smart scale.

Some of the foods listed below are in my diet that are the staples I eat on a weekly basis:
0% fat greek yogurt
sweet potatoes
quinoa
almonds
peanuts
natural peanut butter
avocado oil
acovados
egg whites
cage free eggs
ground turkey
chicken breasts
organic grass fed ground beef
ground bison
100% whey protein isolate (Optimum Nutrition)
100% micellar casein protein (Optimum Nutrition)
2% Whole milk
whole grain pasta

The list goes on, but its all 95% clean foods and complex carbs.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2KeHC4L

0 comments:

Post a Comment