Raw Eggs vs Whey Isolate

Hello everyone,
to get it out the way, I've eaten raw eggs for years and understand the concerns and risk so no need to comment on that ;)

To the question,

I'm looking for the most cost effective usable protein i can put in a shake without a ton of chemicals and contaminates. No whey concentrate or amino spiking, etc...
So when comparing cost per gram of usable protein what's better. Pure whey isolate or raw eggs?

From what I've read you only absorb half the protein in raw eggs. So 10g of raw egg is roughly equal to consuming 5g of whey isolate?

If a quality whey isolate is around $1.10 - $1.50 per 24g of protein (I'm just guessing on cost as I'm still investigating brands)
And raw eggs are 25 cents each. That's $2 for 24g of usable protien per serving.

Does that all seem right or am I wrong\ missing something?

I'm not worried about the absorption time rate or excess calories as long as the usable protein will get where it needs to.
the shake would be mixed with oats or some cereal a little before bed sometimes soon after and other times 2-3 hrs after my last meal of the day


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/AOk7j3V

0 comments:

Post a Comment