Has anyone made strength gains in late intermediate without excessively overeating?

This one's mostly an open question for anyone to whom it applies...

Novices seeing steady progress and results after learning the ropes and getting consistent is one thing, but once progression gets slower and the plateaus ever longer, it's increasingly challenging to get through them without throwing the balance on diet and just eating a lot at the expense of health and physique.

Obviously it can be done (and there are many lifters with good physiques and healthy body compositions who nevertheless have excellent strength), but I know in my own experience, I've never gained appreciable strength past novice without losing a lot of discipline on the diet side of things and regularly overeating, and that seems to be relatively common. That doesn't discount the validity of the lifts or the hard work it nevertheless takes to get there, but it's still an "easy way out," and doesn't land you where originally desired at the end of the day.

I intend to get much stronger than I currently am, but gaining that strength while eating moderately is going to be a true challenge. So I'm curious if anyone here either is or knows someone who has gotten quite strong without eating irresponsibly.

I've seen 180 lbs people squat well over 400, bench 315 for reps, etc., so I know it can be done. Just curious if anyone fits the bill or has seen it.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/yTinE19

0 comments:

Post a Comment