1st Bulk - Diet overview advice

Hello all,

First time posting so sorry if this isn't the right area. I've been cutting since late 2020 and went from 263lbs to 171lbs roughly. I'm 31 and 6'0 eating around 1400-1600 kcals to cut. I estimate my maintenance to be around 1,950-2,000. For bulking I plan to start at 2,300 calories and then after a few days move to 2,500 aiming for 200g of protein. Today's the first day of the bulk and just wanted to see if I should adjust anything in my routine to ensure my first bulk goes well. I wanted to cut more and get more lean but I figured I should start building muscle as I've plateaued in weight loss and PB's in the gym for almost 2 months now.

The diet is pretty simple:

Supplements:
Preworkout (going to get a new one today) but I usually make sure it has 3-5g of creatine and BCAA's in it.
Supplemental creatine for rest days.
Whey Protein Powder - Vanilla / Chocolate flavors.
Centrum multi-vitamin

Breakfast choices:
Cereal with with or without protein powder (usually Special K or Premier Protein flakes)
Eggs / Cheese / Turkey Bacon
Peanut butter toast (usually with Keto bread)
Oatmeal
Protein Pancakes from scratch
Protein Shake (Banana #1)

Lunch/Dinner:
Baked chicken
Precooked chicken breasts (Purdue or Bare air fryed / lightly breaded variation)
Greens (Broccoli is my favorite thankfully)
Turkey Meatballs w/ red sauce
Anything from the breakfast part

Snacks:
Yasso / Keto ice cream or ice cream pops
Watermelon
Popcorn
Non-fat Greek yogurt with berries
Boar's head meat/cheese plates (usually with some wheat thins)

This is the bare bones at least. I'm sure I will have 2-4 cheat meals a month consisting of wings or pizza. I plan to bulk for 2 months and cut for 3 weeks or until I'm back at a point where I'm comfortable with bulking again. I plan to limit my cardio to just a few walks a week and stick with my current 3-day routine resistance routine.

Any additional advice or insight to ensure I maximize results for my first bulk would be awesome.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/ilSChU0

0 comments:

Post a Comment