Weight Loss Plateau after 37lbs lost?

I am 6'2" on April 1st I was 210lbs and now I am 173lbs. I know I still have some weight to lose to achieve single digit body fat % because my waist still measures anywhere between 32.5 to 33 inches in the morning (no flexing). It looks to be visceral fat, the non-pinchable kind. Based on different calculators like this one https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html I need to get to around 165lbs or a 31 inch waist to get to 7.3% body fat percentage which I think is a good base to lean bulk a bit. I am between 11 and 12% body fat per the tool now.

For the most part I've been shooting for a 1,000 calorie deficit to lose 2 lbs a week, except for one week in June when I went on vacation and took a break. My aim that week was to eat at maintenance which seemed to work.

This is the first week in my weight loss effort where I haven't lost any weight at all. I started the week at 173lbs and I ended it at 173lbs. Does this mean I have to eat even less than I do now? According to this https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html I should be eating 1,820 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. I work out every morning and count all my calories. I eat most of my calories in the morning (900-1,000 calorie breakfast).

Going by the advice in the sticky for the macros and the body's minimum requirements, I am eating 123 grams of protein a day (173*.7) and 70 grams of fat a day (173*.4) and anywhere from 120 to 150 grams of carbs a day.

What should I do differently to overcome the plateau and lose the last 8 pounds or so?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2GIBNu6

0 comments:

Post a Comment