Confusion about protein

Hi!

I do weight lifting at the gym 3-4 times a week with the intention of maintaining/building muscle and I'm a bit confused about how important it is to spread out your protein intake during the day. Right now I am pretty much dividing it into thirds (3 times 50g of protein a day, I weigh 63kg) but maybe this isn't optimal.

Also I read that protein from whey-shakes is absorbed faster into your muscles as opposed to lean meat, so does this mean that if I take a whey protein shake containing 50g protein for breakfast (nowhere near the time I work out), it's "wasted" protein? Would it be better if I ate 50g of protein in lean meat for breakfast?

And what about your protein intake immediately after a workout, do your muscles need more protein right after going to the gym or is that just a myth? And if it's not a myth, does it matter if the protein comes from whey-shakes or lean meat?

And also how much protein does a person really need to maintain/build muscle, the internet has many different answers. I'd rather be safe than sorry so I probably eat a bit too much protein, are there any consequences of this other than the excess protein gets turned into glucose?

Sorry for so many questions in one thread, but maybe they have related answers (:


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2KYqVLt

0 comments:

Post a Comment