Clarification on Maintenance Calories Vs. BMR

I wanted to clarify something about how I'm currently dieting,

I'm currently trying to lose fat/gain muscle, basic transformation things. But I want to know whether or not it would be worth eating less than my maintenance calories or basal metabolic rate if I want to continue in my goals.

My current assumption is that if I eat under my BMR (obviously not too low though), I will lose fat. And if I eat less than my maintenance calories, I will lose weight.

If I could get some other opinions on this, that would be great. Much appreciated!

Also here are my measurements:
Weight: 195
Height: 6'2"
BMR: 2078
Caloric Needs: 3150
Daily Caloric Intake recommended by MyFitnessPal: 2700
Unsure about my body fat percentage but it's probably 16%

Just some extra information:

My diet is mostly low-carb but I do cheat from time to time.
I work out on and off. Two days on, two days off to let my muscles recover, two days on, etc.
I've avoided excess amounts of added sugar this past year, but I do still have small amounts if they're in things like bread, protein shakes or other foods.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/35jqQck

0 comments:

Post a Comment