Trouble gaining weight due to food allergies tied to skin disorder

Hi all,
I'm new to this place and hope that someone could possibly guide me in the right direction. Before I get started, I'd like to ask the moderators to please not delete this straight away with reason being that I can find information on this by just googling, which is what happened on Reddit. I cannot, I tried. My problem is about my allergies causing weight loss, whereas almost everything that google showed me was about allergies causing weight gain. If the mods insist that there is stuff out there related to my issue, then please show me because for the life of me I couldn't find anything.

Back on topic. I'd like to get some tips about weight gain whilst already living with an allergy diet. I'm 27, 5'8'' male with an extremely high metabolism. I used to work out when in school so I've been reasonably fit ever since. But I've always been on the skinny side, always hovering between 120-130lbs range so just bordering on underweight. Everything I eat gets burnt up so quickly that my body just doesn't let me gain any weight.

On top of that I have severe food allergies which limit what I can consume, because they trigger my genetically inherited skin disorder (atopic eczema). If I eat something I'm allergic to in large quantities, I get red flaky rashes on my body (in worst cases the rashes spread literally head to toe) which make for miserable sleepless nights.

So my question is, is there any form of fitness diet that could help me gain at least a little bit of mass whilst somewhat maintaining my existing allergy diet? Most of the time I don't mind being skinny, but for once I'd like to get back to working out and looking like a normal-ish human being, for I feel like the stuff I consume currently is not enough for me to gain a few extra pounds.

I'll list some of the foods I can and cannot eat if needed, but I want to know first if this forum is a good place for questions like mine. If anyone has any information to share about allergy-based fitness, and specifically for gaining weight and not losing, I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2XPhTFd

0 comments:

Post a Comment