Advice for eating good and monitoring macros on the road

Hi guys,

As the title says I am looking for some help with maintaining my macros whilst working as a driver. My job consists of me driving usually ten hours a day. I am usually driving from 11am to 8pm. I am trying right now to cut weight. I have my daily calories and macros which I need to stick to for my target. My macros are:-

Cals: 2000
Fat: 65g
Carbs: 200
Protein: 154

I am 5'10 currently weighing about 188 ilbs. I started this driving job in April this year and I have allowed it to mess up my training and diet. I have put on about 15ilbs since starting this job. I was finding far to easy just to eat fast food every day and making excuses to myself saying in my head that it is to hard to eat good on the road.

I have decided that enough is enough. I feel and look terrible at this weight and my diet was really starting to not only affect my confidence but my energy levels and other aspects of my mental health. I have now managed to slowly but surely get myself back to the gym and following a good routine. I am starting to feel better and I am making progress.

I find it really easy to stick to my healthy diet at the weekend or when I am not driving all day and my work schedule is a bit lighter and I can cook my meals or heat healthy meals at home. My problem is that with my job I do not know until the night before or that morning how far I need to drive and how long for.

I am earning a very good living at this so I can't complain. My only issue is that it is messing up my diet. As I have no cooking facilities or microwave I can't prep my normal meals. I can't go to any decent restaurants as then I can't monitor my macros as no restaurants have these on menu so my diet would be all guesswork which I do not want.

I am finding myself eating sandwich products constantly which are bought from garages or convenience stores. At least with these they give you the macronutrient content and I can monitor what I am putting into my body. Downside to this is that most of these products are processed with salt and sugar. I am also not wanting to be eating bread, especially every day or sometimes twice a day.

When I am home at weekend or have a day where I am not driving as much my diet is good. I do Intermittent Fasting so I do not have breakfast. I will have chicken breast and rice at lunch then usually either salmon/steak/venison with potatoes for dinner each night. If I am a bit short on calories/macros I can comfortably through in some eggs and fruit to fix that.

Anyone any advice on how to eat good on the road and monitor macros at the same time? Any help advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2R3NXDQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment