Anyone feel like it's way too easy to lose muscle and lose progress?

I'm getting a little discouraged here. I am not able to make consistent gains due to financial instability and food instability.

Despite this I've been a competitive athlete most of my life (mostly of a caloric deficit growing up; family didn't understand nutrition at all).

Now I'm trying to make a career out of a CPT and I'm realizing that I can't really practice what I'm preaching.

I find that if I get tired and skip just one meal I lose a lot of muscle mass overnight. It actually offends me how quickly my body is willing to breakdown muscle if I get lazy with my cooking.

I figure, 'oh well I'm a little short on protein tonight, no big deal I'll eat right tomorrow' and I always do but it'll too late. Wake up at 2am starving with my whole upper body tingling feeling like I'm losing muscle. Of course too tired to get up and fry a chicken breast.

By morning I look in the mirror and I've shrunk. And I'm like 'man, this can't be happening. How am I going to lose this much progress just from skipping one meal?'

I've been eating 2.5-3chicken breasts and 3-4 cups of jasmine rice daily for bulking. With vegetables for micros, and an Algal oil supplement for fats.

My body likes low fat foods and honestly my natural bodyfat is like 25%-30% so I need to watch it or else I gain bodyfat real quick. Literally if I eat a couple eggs the next morning I got more belly fat than the day before and my abs fade slightly. Even eating like 2-3g of fat a day I've got a pouch of fat under my bellybutton that never disappears. In fact, if I skip meals and cut calories I lose all my muscle before that bellyfat starts to fade. And when it does, I start losing muscle real quick every day unless I eat enough to bulk again and that bellyfat pops right back to where it was before cutting every time. Often overnight.

I can't believe how easy it is to gain fat and lose muscle. It's actually offensive given all the time we put into training and all the money we put into food. Pisses me off.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2u45X8c

0 comments:

Post a Comment