What is the real importance of sodium in your diet?

There's a general stigma of "sodium is bad" or that you want to keep it to a minimum to stay in good health. But I'm typically a proponent of there always being two sides to every coin and that there's latent use for most things. Typically sodium is the one thing I really don't keep track of with a degree of pristine accuracy. I just try to stay reasonable with the salt when cooking and I never salt my food after the fact. Basically I eyeball it an "just don't get too crazy"/just generally try to keep sodium to a minimum. Over the course of the last week however I've increased the amount of salt I use when cooking and also have been salting my meats and fish/meals pretty liberally just to experiment a little. Now I don't know if it's a total placebo effect but I feel as if my workouts and notably my pump has improved. Also my muscles have started to look fuller than usual (which I'm assuming has something to do with intramuscular water retention and how sodium makes your body hold onto water?).

Just looking for some insight and for someone to enlighten me a bit perhaps on the importance of salt for both bodybuilding and general health. Thank you!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2BGdkTw

0 comments:

Post a Comment