Opinion on mechanically separated meat?

I saw a deal on chicken nuggets in my grocery store, 20 pieces for only $1.50 so i decided to buy some since i love the nuggets at mcdonalds (although barely ever eat there due to being on a diet).
I figured if i simply oven bake these nuggets and fit them in my macros, it wouldn't be that bad.

However when i got home and read the label, it said 55% separated meat. Of course the other 45% are fillings like flour and additives etc which i don't mind much.
But the separated meat got me curious so i googled it. Turns out, it's all the left over scraps that normally i wouldn't even eat myself, forced off the bones.
Sometimes with bits of bones included etc, grinded up into a white paste.
After reading this, i sure lost my appetite for the nuggets i just bought. I looked up if mcdonald nuggets are made of the same type (cuz i hate being a hypocrite and eat there and not the ones from the store), but they claim they use chicken breast meat only.

Should i just take the dollar fifty loss and throw them out, or should i ignore it and just eat it?
I still eat hot dogs as well and i can only imagine what crap they're made of. It's just that ignorance is bliss and unfortunately i read up about separated meat.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/36gbeHS

0 comments:

Post a Comment