What would you change about this diet to maximize my gains?

I'm currently 26 years old 5'6'' 163 lb's. I started my gym journey this January 2022 at 152 lb's. I have never benched in my life or curled a barbell. I joined specifically to support my brother who plays semi pro sports. I myself played as well in high school but developed severe injuries. Then took prednisone for 2 years after developing an auto immune disease. After 1.5 years off of prednisone I realized my body was ready to workout.

It's been 6 months since I started the gym. I rep 180lbs on my bench (PR 215), curl the 70 barbell, etc. I've reached levels people told me I wouldn't reach for a whole year or year and a half. Playing competitive sports I understood dieting and how the body works. So I had a foundation but I wanted to adopt a lifestyle. So I started to follow the Golden Era diet and workouts. With that being said I also like food A LOT lol. My diet consists of this.

Goal: 160g protein
Breakfast: 4 eggs, 3 slices of bacon
Lunch: Chicken Breast with some sort of sauce, or chicken sandwich bought from deli. If work forces me to eat out.
Dinner: Chicken again. With another red meat.
Snack: Protein bar
Shake: Whey after workout.

I don't hesitate to eat fast food 4 times a week. I also eat deserts on the weekends. I also enjoy a diet soda now and then. I know that those foods are dirty. But I feel good and I'm getting stronger. I have gained some fat but I don't mind to be honest. I know for a lot of people its psychological but I used to be fat and made fun of when I was younger. So now as a 26 year old man it doesn't phase me especially now that people don't bully each other. I'm going to start cutting in September so right now I just want to get as strong as possible.

What are some diet switches that are tasty but high in calories and protein.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/B9egqTR

0 comments:

Post a Comment