Deficit on workout days, surplus on rest days (same number of calories)?

I've noticed that, for the most part, I'm gaining weight on the morning after a rest day, and losing on the morning after a workout day. I assume this is due to the extra calories burned from my lifting session (plus I jog 1.5 miles home from the gym).

Should I change my diet to consume more calories on workout days (while still balancing everything to gain roughly 1 lb per week)? I'm not sure if being in a deficit on workout days is hindering my muscle growth, since they might need the surplus on the day of the workout to maximize hypertrophy.

At the same time, I don't want to risk going over the daily 500-calorie surplus by entering a surplus even on workout days-- as far as I can tell, due to the difference in calories I burn on workout vs rest days, it's impossible for me to be in a surplus every day without going over the +3500 per week.

Thoughts? Thanks.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/qt8OziS

0 comments:

Post a Comment