Struggling eating enough calories

Specs:
Height - 6’6
Weight - 237 LB
Age - 21
Body fat percentage - 21%
Macro split- 38% protein, 31% carb 31%fat
Daily protein intake at 237 grams minimum


I’m currently cutting, however I’m having a really hard time eating enough calories. My maintenance level, considering my level of activity (6 days of working out, 1 day off per week. Cardio every other day, about 30 minutes with heart rate around 165 the whole way) is about 3000 calories per day. For a moderate cut (500 calorie deficit) that puts me at 2500. On days I do cardio, I burn an additional 500 calories through my cardio, which means that I would need to eat the entire 3000 calories per day in order to be at a 500 calorie deficit.

I find it extremely hard to even get near the 3000 calories I need per day. Yeah, I could go to McDonald’s and get a couple Big Macs and be there, but I am not going to do that and I don’t believe that would be a good idea at all. I eat really damn healthy, and I have a solid understanding of macros/nutrition. I’ve resulted to adding some more processed foods, like cinnamon raisin toast and full fat yogurt. Even upping to 2 scoops on my protein shakes.

I don’t understand if it’s a mental thing, If there is something wrong with my diet, or what, but I can’t for the life of me get enough calories to loose weight healthy. I AM losing weight, I’ve lost about 7.5 pounds in a little over a month. This does make sense, because I’m about 1000 calories short of my maintence level and 7.5 pounds in a month is about 2 pounds a week.

My question is, how can I increase my appetite? I want to cut however I don’t want to sacrifice muscle mass along with that. Not to mention, I don’t want to be too far in calorie deficit and go into starvation mode and have my body hold onto fat. please help!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2TnzNgz

0 comments:

Post a Comment