confusing facts about coconut oil: spikes insulin levels and slows down digestion?

I have been doing a research how does coconut oil consumption affect insulin levels and also does coconut oil have any affect on digestion/abosrbtion of other nutrients consumed together with coconut oil.

The information and claims that I have come across are very confusing and conflicting. Some sources say coconut oil spikes insulin levels. Some sources deny that. Most of the sources claim that coconut oil provides a rapid energy, cause it consists of MTC fats that are easily digested and absorbed... so if it is true would it really slow down the digestion of other nutrients? And from other point of view if it is absorbed and digested quickly, would it spike insulin levels? Cause most of the foods that are absorbed quickly (like high GI carbs and whey protein) do spark insulin levels. I saw on one website that coconut oil's GI is around 24... so I wonder why would it spark insulin.

I am quite confused with all that information... So, does anybody has any reliable information regarding these 2 questions:

1. Does coconut oil spike insulin levels?

2. Does coconut oil slow down the digestion of other nutrients consumed together? Cause I have been thinking to use coconut oil before my workout together with the pre-workout supplement. I wonder would coconut oil slow down the absorption of pre-workout nutrients.

Thank you in advance.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/363WMSn

0 comments:

Post a Comment