How much do you like/dislike pho?

Just had a big bowl of it for lunch, and only have had it twice before in my life. I have to say it was quite good, even if it won't be a go-to food for me. In particular and what I find unique about it, is an interesting blend of simultaneously tasting fresh and light, but also filling and hearty, if that makes any sense. The warm broth and pieces of meat are comforting, but rice noodles, herbs and raw vegetables, and the fact that it's a simple soup (not a stew or something thickened with a roux) keep it from feeling heavy.

On a somewhat related note, how would those of you who eat it often gauge the calorie count? I'm sure it's more than it looks like, since there was visible oil in the broth, and my pieces of meat were deliciously fat-laden: rare morsels beef, briskit slices, tripe and some gnarly/chewy meat that I honestly can't identify.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/BqKEbcN

0 comments:

Post a Comment