Bulking when overweight?

So I ended up losing 45 pounds and got to 165 from 210. I’m 5’9 and weight around 180 now. I ended up binging a whole lot because honestly I’m not very stable mentally but I’m trying my best with the cards I’ve been given. I’m schizophrenic and not functional. I wanted to take a break from cutting because maybe I’m feeling mentally exhausted from cutting for a year and also all the hunger from meds make bulking seem that much more appealable to me.

I gained strength with the about 15 pounds I gained in 2 months and my lifts went like this

Bench 180lbs 3x5 to 195lbs 3x5
Squat 235lbs 3x5 to 255lbs 3x5
Deadlift 265lbs 3x5 to 305lbs 3x5

I know it’s not ideal but I also have low testosterone and I’m very tired all the time. Like seriously medicated and fatigued so I’m glad I’m even trying to get in shape.

My question is simple, should I bulk even thought I’m overweight because of the gaining strength aspect of it and enjoy feeling stronger, bigger and gain more muscle mass OR should I wait for the mass until I cut to a leaner body?

I’m willing to cut - And I probably should but just needed an opinion if there’s any reason I could/should bulk considering my lifts aren’t that high?

Sorry it’s a little long but I learned a lot from these forums and respect all of your opinions so I wanted to be thorough.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/mG8IC4U

0 comments:

Post a Comment