does anyone add up all the calories on all the packages after they go shopping?

I just did something for the first time. My fridge was pretty empty (I've eaten everything since the last time I really went shopping) and, tired of knowing if I'm under/overestimating my daily Calories, I decided to add up the total Calories on everything on my entire shopping trip, since my fridge was pretty empty and I also have to stock up since stores are closed over the holidays here so I purchased lots of food. This was easy to do by just multiplying across the package size and Calories times the number of each type of package (when I bought multiple of the same package), as I put everything away. Only a couple of pieces of fruits/vegetables didn't come with nutritional labels.

I don't usually eat at fast food, and I'd have to add in anything I ate at anyone else's house, but this seems to be a pretty definitive way for me to get a total. The only thing I didn't buy that I'll be eating some of is a bit of cooking oil, sugar-free ketchup, mustard, and assorted condiments like pickles, Worcestershire sauce, spices, salt, artificial sweetener, and I still had a bit of oatmeal left.

Does anyone else track your Calories this way (adding everything up across all of your packages of food when you get home), then divide out by how long it takes to get through everything? Is this a good approach?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/35NX4Nw

0 comments:

Post a Comment