TC says Anti-Oxidants can be bad? I feel like I'm too stupid to plan meals

t-nation.com/lean-built-eating/the-most-dangerous-nutrition-myth

Quote:

Taking large amounts of individual antioxidants doesn’t quench free radicals. Instead, the antioxidants themselves turn into free radicals.
So how much do I take? More than the daily recommendations but less than some of the superdosing regulations?

Quote:

In order for them to work, antioxidants must be taken the way nature intended. You need to ingest a wide variety, from whole, minimally processed sources.
I had thought synergistic nutrients just helped you process the AOs faster or more reliably, is there really some kind of essential thing in an orange that's absent in my ascorbate tablet? Where's the digestive explanation?

I just feel lost, I loved chewing my orange-flavored powder pills, peeling oranges is tedious.

Plus I've been taking magnesium pills and a vitd+omega3 pill though I guess those aren't for AO purposes it still makes me wonder about this whole 'nature intended' thing he's preaching about and what papers it's based on.

Anyone want to reassure me or scare me further?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3feW77F

0 comments:

Post a Comment