More food + Less cardio = Going down in weight? Can someone help

Hi Everyone,

So I'm here looking for some perspective on what's currently happening to my body right now, as I'm entering new territory (looking to build muscle) for the first time in a long time despite being a very active individual. Ever since my pec tear, I have been taking time to focus on other aspects of my weight training. Its been a few years now where I have over-emphasized cardio, high volume training and mobility / other avenues of fitness and I am a little unsure of what is happening to my body right now.

Up until 2 weeks ago, I have been eating around 2800-3000 calories a day and doing about 300 minutes of cardiovascular/LISS a day. Here I was actually maintaining my weight around the high 190s/200.

Now that I'm looking to build muscle, I'm increasing my calories and reducing my cardio activity and reducing my volume in workouts to prioritize strength and progressive overload. What I don't understand is why my weight is dropping now? It's nothing rapid, but my weigh ins are on a downward trend. I feel strong AF compared to before, but I just want to understand whats happening here.

Does anyone have any insights they can provide me with to understand this?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/38qRlQH

0 comments:

Post a Comment