Another help ya boi with macros thread

I used to have a hell of a time trying to gain weight. Eventually I sorta just bombed my metabolism, stopped physical activity as my wife gave birth to my son and continued consuming maltodextrin which transitioned into eating anything I wanted. This is all kind of happening simultaneously, and I technically became a fat ass (100lbs within a year).

Fast forward 4.5 years, I'm currently 256lbs and about 6'3 (started at 155lbs). I have a nice gut and titties that unfortunately gotta go. I hit 30 and owe it to myself and family to get into great shape before I lose all my testosterone (I never got fit), and in general be healthy and hopefully live a while longer.

Ironically, I've always read and been into health and fitness, but never applied it due to the "start tomorrow" mentality. Now that I've been exercising and lifting, I've realized that one thing I never learned was how to calculate macros. I'd rather not do more harm than good as I experiment, so my question to you chumps is, what is the ideal baseline for my goals? I figured I can set a target weight of something like 215lbs, I guess I'm not too concerned with rapid weight loss as much as I'm concerned about becoming active and regaining muscular control of my body, so I just want to ensure that my macros support my gains.

Please help ya boi


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/38yRgKM

0 comments:

Post a Comment