Should i even bother with a recomposition diet? (details provided)

Height: 190 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Fat %: 15
BMR: 2000 calories
TDEE: 3000 calories
Current caloric input: 2400-2600.
Grams Protein per day: 200 plus or minus
Current training status: trained - not too far from maximum weight load achieved.
Previous recomposition experience: used it every time I got fat, works like a charm.
Supplements: Whey Protein, Creatine (just started), Omega-3, Multivitamin, Ashwaghanda (just started)


So I look pretty decent at the moment, I have decent muscle mass but lack that summer time definition. I'm targeting putting on some additional solid mass plus achieving 12 - 13% body fat within 2 months (by 1 July). Originally, I planned to bulk up in May and then cut down in June, and envisaged by workout/cardio regiments accordingly.

From a nutrition perspective, I planned to up my intake to 3000+ calories throughout May, and then bring it down to 2300 or 2400 for June. However, my gym trainer proposed an alternative, he told me not to change anything about my nutrition, and to keep my intake in the 2400-2600 range with high protein intake. In my mind, this sounds exactly like a recomposition diet. But knowing im already trained and that my body fat isn't too high, I question whether it will work or not.

What do you guys think?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/93KvMzR

0 comments:

Post a Comment