Can anybody help me understand these vitamin A variants/sources?

Hi there,

I decided to make a sort of nutrition log for myself, writting down the nutrients within foods for my reference.

My problem is, I don't understand what exactly I am looking at when looking at the following forms of vitamin A, when I am looking at the nutrition profile for raw broccoli in this case:

Vitamin A (Retinol)
(0)

Vitamin A (α-Carotene)
4 μg

Vitamin A (β-Carotene)
800 μg

Vitamin A (β-Cryptoxanthin)
7 μg

Vitamin A (β-Carotene equivalents)
810 μg

Vitamin A (Retinol activity equivalents)
67 μg

I just don't really know how to come to a conclusion about the general amount of vitamin A within that food based on that information.

I was just wondering if anybody could help me get to that point. All I know about vitamin A is that it's is also known as retinol, the body converts beta carotine into vitamin A inside the body, μg means micrograms and that the daily intake for vitamin A is around 700μg.

Thanks for your time.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/FEPrXax

0 comments:

Post a Comment