What to eat before a workout?

I've finally bit the bullet and started a proper diet/exercise routine today. I've experimented with short workouts, intermittent fasting, and low-calorie diets before (with good success in weight loss and a little success in muscle gain), but this is the first time I'm really trying to stay consistent and push myself. As such, I'm trying to work out an idea of what foods to eat before a workout, but I'm struggling a bit. A quick Google search says I want foods that are moderate in protein, high in carbs, and low in fat. I've always heard you want high protein, high fat, and low carbs. And checking through some posts on this forum, it seems that you want high protein, medium carbs, and medium fat. Which of these is the right way to do it (generally, as I know each person will vary a bit). And whatever it is, what about foods like nuts and legumes? I've always heard they're good for a workout, but they're considered good sources of protein, carbs, AND fat, so I'm not sure whether to trust the recommendations because they're high in (insert good thing here), or ignore them because they're also high in (insert bad thing here).


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3FYDUan

0 comments:

Post a Comment