My pre, post and intra workout meals - Am I doing it right-ish?

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is a boring or repetitive question but I've been trying for a while to read up on what's required before, during and after a workout but there's so much conflicting information that I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not so I just wanted to ask here to see if I'm missing something. I'm not trying to be a professional bodybuilder but I do want to get a good balance of nutrients if possible for health reasons as well as to gain muscle and lose fat so here's my general nutrition routine.

I wash down a couple of Beta Alanine tablets with pre workout powder, creatine and water before a workout and BCAA powder with water during the workout.

I drink smoothies to supplement my workouts which consist of 2 scoops huel powder to 1 scoop protein powder with frozen strawberries, a splash of extra virgin olive oil, super greens powder (Spirulina, kale, wheatgrass etc) and water.

Aboout an hour before a workout I'll have some oats with water and half of a smoothie to wash it down with the intention that this will be a fairly good combination to fuel my workout.

I'll take a smoothie to the gym with me which I'll usually drink half of half way through the workout and half straight after. I find that the half smoothie during the workout fuels the second half of my workout quite well as I tend to struggle towards the end if I skip it.

When I get home I'll generally air fry some chicken or have a rice and fish / meat / egg meal and wash it down with a fruit drink mix of coconut water and whatever other fruit juice I have in the fridge. I'll often have a Greek yoghurt before and after a workout as well, partly because they're nice and partly because I'm still not sure whether they're better before or after a workout.


So, I was just hoping for any feedback or ideas on what I could tweak to improve my nutrient intake around workouts. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/32oZEwD

0 comments:

Post a Comment