Calculating Protein in COOKED Meat

I think I just realized a mistake I have been making for my entire life when it comes to protein per ounce cooked meat. My research found a general rule of thumb is a serving of meat is 4oz UNCOOKED, about 25% weight is lost during cooking. So a 4oz UNCOOKED portion results in 3oz COOKED.

My question: Package says 24g Protein per UNCOOKED serving (4oz). I equate this to mean 6g Protein/1oz. I'm meal prepping and aim to get 30g protein. Should I calculate protein in COOKED meat as: 6g/1oz OR 8g/1oz?

I have been applying 6g Protein per 1oz COOKED, but I believe I have made an error and should be utilizing 8g Protein/1oz COOKED.


Hopefully that all makes sense. Thoughts?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/30X9aqp

0 comments:

Post a Comment