Keto/Low carb feeling weak asf and getting me down a bit.

Hey everyone I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes it runs in the family :/ and have been put on a low carb diet and its working to control my diabetes however my gym life is suffering big time... i know its not the end of the world but as someone thats enjoyed lifting for the last 5/6 years and pushing my limits its very disheartening to see not only my size but my lifts suffering and feeling weak all the time.

I have maintained the same amount of calories as I normally would but with the macro's now leaning highly towards protein/fat but despite the same calories I just cant lift for crap nowadays and feel tired within 45 mins.

Has anyone else switched to this diet and how have you managed to get round this ? also not sure if its muscle loss or just with the low carb muscle flatness... but I'm looking like some lean swimmer nowadays rather than big and burly which is not a look I wish to have any tips ?

Forgot to mention I also keep getting mini flu's after trying to push it hard... esp leg days something I never had issues with before... possibly the lack of carbs for recovery ?

Thanks.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3ue4hUq

0 comments:

Post a Comment