High Cholesterol vs. Bodybuilding

26 male

5' 9"

No medication, no smoking, focanodular hyperplasmia, probably related

family has history of high cholesterol, likely have FH

-----------------------------------

Cholesterol Total: 364 H

HDL Cholesterol: 65

LDL Cholesterol: 280 H

My doc says I need to be on medication to lower my cholesterol but I want to diet first. Basically no eggs and more fiber and fish oil.

I track all my macros and lift heavy x 3 a week with 40 min of cardio on off days.

I came across some research that says cholesterol is a precursor to testosterone, which when I lift, increases in order to build muscle. But this is only for the "good" cholesterol?

Is it different for me because I have familial hypercholesterolemia?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2Yh0bPw

0 comments:

Post a Comment