Gaining strength and weight, but not muscle?

Hey guys. My current situation is. I started lifting in October 2020 -Weighed around 165ish- then I bulked until March 2021 - weighed around 186. My arms were roughly 13 inches and chest was around 37.5. Max bench got to 225. After march I cut for 3 months and got down to 165. then in June 2021 I started doing bulking again with a more serious approach at lifting. I learned all the fundamentals and nutrition. Fast forward to now -sep 2021-

I am currently at 187 -worked on 20 lbs-. Arms are still roughly 13 in and my chest is the same too. The only thing that has grown since June 2021 are my shoulders. They got an inch.

I estimate my BMR with my daily activities to be around 3000 and I am currently eating 3700 cal and 220g of protein a day. I am running jeff nippards lifting fundamentals program with extra core work. It is an upper-lower that trains 4 times a week and seems to almost all of the muscle groups 2x a week.

My Max bench in March was 225 and now it is 255. I am 24 and 5'11. I have saw some strength gains, but I just feel like I haven't gained any muscle. Am I doing something wrong here? Why are my chest and arms still the same? Any help would be appreciated thanks.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2XW4Cib

0 comments:

Post a Comment