Back lifting after 18 months out. How best to get back?

Hi guys, so after 18 months out (due to COVID) I've finally gotten access to a gym (weights to be precise) again. I just had a couple of questions in mind:

Caloric surplus or deficit? I've lost most of my muscle during this time period which will no doubt comeback due to muscle memory but can that be done on a caloric deficit? Or will a surplus be beneficial in this instance?

Are 'noob gains' going to be a thing again after being out for so long? This is merely out of curiosity. My current profession requires me to be around that 8-9 body fat % so as I hinted at in Q1, would prefer to keep the diet I currently have unless I'm missing out big time on potential gains.

Anyone with a similar experience: how many weeks/months did it take to get back to your base level? Trying to be patient but eager to get back to my 2019 self.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3zQ5PWl

0 comments:

Post a Comment