Lean bulk or recomp or something else?

Hey guys,

I'm 31 and have been working out on and off for about 15 years, I've just started training again after an 18 month break from the gym..... I've lost alot of muscle and I expect my body is screaming to put on muscle and I expect my body to react well for the first few months.

I'm 6ft, 176 lbs @ around 22% bodyfat - my goal is 187lbs @ 10% bodyfat.

From averaging out all the calculators it looks like I need to eat around 3,100 calories per day to be in a 200-300 surplus, I was considering 'lean bulking' up to around 195 lbs or so then cutting. I've done a little research on the recomp but it seems to be a slower process and I would like to make as much gains initially as possible, that being said I am doing all of this purely for aesthetics and I just wanted to get opinions from a few of you guys on what may be the most successful route.

I've always been a bit of a slacker but I feel like this time I'm taking it seriously - counting my calories etc. I'll do whatever it takes and I don't really care what I have to put my body through.

So currently, my plan is to gain around 1lbs per week until I hit 195 or so, then cut off the fat and hopefully look shredded - but this may change based on what I learn to be optimal.

If you haven't already gathered, I'm a bit of a noob so yeah just putting it out there for you guys to critique and throw any pointers my way :)

Much appreciated.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3hApArt

0 comments:

Post a Comment