Help With Lean Bulk Macros

Hey guys and girls. So a few weeks ago I made a commitment to myself to get ripped or die trying. Over the past few years my weight has fluctuated down and up, but my real challenge has been a skinny fat build. So I decided I would cut first in an effort to get to <15% body fat, and then bulk followed by another phase of cutting down the road. I just completed a 3 week keto diet, with a caloric deficit of about 20% plus cardio and was able to lose about 13 pounds of fat.

Started off at 183 20-25% body fat

Currently I weight 170lbs at 15% body fat (6”3 21yr male)

OK so here’s the problem, I am seeing so much conflicting information about high fat diets or really high carb diets. I don’t want to choose the wrong macros for a lean bulk and end compromising the fat loss I achieved. I am aware that in any bulk there will be some fat gain. This is why I set my new caloric intake at 11% surplus at 2500 calories, that way the fat loss will be less over time. Protein: 30% 185 grams Fat: 20% 55grams Carbs: 50% 309 grams. Footnote: This is my first time doing a bulk, INTENSE resistance training, and a major caloric surplus and tracking it all.

So if anyone has any experience with a lean bulk and macros, when to eat certain macros at times in the day, and fixing a skinny fat build, I’d appreciate the feedback.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2XgpX2H

0 comments:

Post a Comment