Balancing walking intermittent fasting resistance training protein intake

Hi all,

I'm 44, 186cm (6'1",) 82KG (180lbs) and have recently lost 10KG (22lbs) through IF and walking, over the last 12 weeks. I was doing a 20/4 IMF timetable and walked between 12-17k steps a day. I'm really happy with my progress and estimate I'm at 18-19% body fat, with a pretty flat stomach, but now it feels like it's time to start strength training.

Today I started a strength training program (MAPS Anabolic) but I'm really confused as to how to continue using all these elements together... Or if that's even possible!
What would a reasonable IF regime look like when I need to consume so much protein? I'd like to carry-on walking min. 10k-15k steps/day and assume that will help burn more fat, but it'll also probably put me into an overall calorie deficit overall, which probably wouldn't be ideal for muscle building... Is that correct?

I have a walking desk so it's very easy for me to get steps in whist working at home, during the day, but if that's going to eat up any potential muscle gains, that would be annoying. At the same time, the walking has helped so much with the fat loss, I would like to continue to do that to help me get down to my goal of 13-14% body fat.

Any help or guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

R.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/elsXCvg

0 comments:

Post a Comment