Carb Cycling

Hi...ive got a question about nutrition that bothers me... hopefully you can help...


I am currently on a keto diet for about 3 weeks, i did that diet pretty often since I was introduced to it like 15 years ago, I am well adapted to it and spent months at a time on a keto diet. But sometimes I have to switch back because it sucks eating keto food when outside a lot. So I always end my keto by simply switching to a carb based diet with a lot of oatmeal, brown rice, lean meat and stuff like that. My pre and post workout nutrition is 60 grams of cornflakes with 40 grams of whey protein and 300ml almond milk, before and after workout, when I am not on a keto diet.

So when I have to kick the keto diet, instead of simply switching from keto to carb diet which I have done several times...i want to try a carb backloading approach. I lift weights every other day, on a two day torso/limbs routine. I work out in the morning...

The first model would be: coming out of a 3 week keto diet, I reintroduce carbs in my meal plan in the morning of a workout day, eat oatmeal after waking up, wait 2 hours, eat cornflakes with whey, then work out, eat cornflakes with whey again, then keep eating carb based until I go to sleep. When I wake up on my free day, I eat no carbs and eat keto food until I go to sleep. Then repeat with eating carbs and working out again the next day. Simply on/off carbs every other day from workout to workout.

OR

I reintroduce carbs only right around the workout. I start the day with a keto breakfast, then eat cornflakes right before and after workout, then go right back to keto again. Then go to sleep, eat no carb next day, go to sleep again. Then repeat the next day by eating cornflakes before and after workout

I also have a glucometer which I never used. Can I get some measurement of what's the right ammount of carbs out of this thing? When would I have to take those blood glucose measurements and how do the numbers have to look like?

Oh and my goal is lean bulk.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/33GgxSc

0 comments:

Post a Comment