Does gaining fat means I'm eating enough calories for maximum muscle growth?

So my question is, if I'm in the process of gaining fat, does that mean that I'm eating enough (or more than enough) calories for maximum muscle building (assuming my protein consumption is sufficient)? I don't want to leave any gains on the table, but also don't want to get fat needlessly. My logic is that if my body is storing excess calories as fat, then that means that it has more than enough calories required to do all of the muscle building that it wants to. Am I wrong?

The one pic is me at 162lbs and 9.8% bf on 6/20/2020. The other pic is today (8/31/2020) 12ish pounds heavier after tons of eating and 2 months of strength training (compound lifts using a push, pull, legs split). I'm eating an obnoxious amount of protein, taking creatine, and a few other science-backed health supplements.

As for my background, I'm 35 and am super pumped to be on my muscle building journey. I have always been skinny/skinny fat due to my running habit and lack of a serious consistent strength training regimen. I want to add ~20 pounds of muscle over the next 18 to 24 months. I'm 6'1".

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3bbQLHk

0 comments:

Post a Comment