Activity level for estimating maintenance

Where does weight lifting on calorie calculator activity levels?

After dieting and losing 50 pounds, I'm wanting to attempt body recomposition, so I'm looking at online maintenance calculators to get an idea of maintenance, but I'm not sure what my activity level counts as and that makes a big difference.
I work a desk job Mon-Fri and and am pretty sedentary. The only other activity will be lifting weights 1-2 hours 5-6 days per week, so what activity level should I put for the Harris-Benedict model?

I'm 36yrs, 5'7", and 190#.
Using the formula, my BMR is 1882.

(little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
(light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
(moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
(hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
(very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9


I was leaning toward light or moderate. Any thoughts?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/RQaCJjv

0 comments:

Post a Comment