Strength Training Diet Help

Good evening, I’ve been working out fairly regularly for about a year now and I’ve been getting more serious about my training and diet recently. Trying to eat similarly every day.

29 Male 220 lbs, workout 3 days a week typical split. 3-4 exercises each major muscle group 4x6-8/failure.

Daily macros are roughly as follows,

Calories - 3300
Protein - 240
Carb - 177
Fat 117

Maintenance calories are in the 3800 range. I do a lot of walking and rigging at work. Some days I’ll push over 5k burned per my Fitbit. I know it’s not crazy accurate but it’s what I’ve got to work with.

I thought I’ve been eating enough but after finally doing the math I don’t think I am. It looks like my protein intake is spot on.

Everything I’ve read is that the diet is much more important and I think that’s the next step to take my strength training to the next level. I’m not looking to win any awards or be a strongman, just looking to bulk a little and add some strength. The aesthetics aren’t a driving factor for me, I’m hoping to bulk up to 240/250 and cut back down then find a happy medium.

Sorry for the long post, I’ve been reading and researching for a little while and I’m just hoping to get some first hand knowledge and experience.

Thanks everyone.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/pEGKCZt

0 comments:

Post a Comment