Maintenance/Surplus calories for bulking

Alright so i've got some queries regarding this, as Im in week 12 of my bulk and anticipating it'll end around a month from now.

My Maintenace according to MyFitnessPal is 2,740 and that's by selecting Lightly active - I then add in x5 workouts per week. Which is how i get the 2,740 Maintenace
that's based off me being 94kg and 6'2''

Bulk has gone well.. i started at 91kg and im at 94kg now, only a small amount of fat gain noticed and its around my belly.

On the days where i play basketball - i have a game of approx 40 minutes and for me that burns 300-400 calories, with the paramaters ive set in myfitnesspal gaining .500g per week from 3,300. The days where i play basketball AND do a gym session, i'll eat around 3,700-3,800 just to compensate.

On my off days i still have been sticking to 3,300 calories. I am considering now on those days where there is no gym, no basektball and even tho still in bulk mode for the last part of my bulk.. dropping down to 3,100 calories just to avoid any excess fat gain. The overall goal is to get to around 96-97kg and then strip a few kgs over around 12 weeks or just be in a slight deficit of 100 and close to maintenance to recomp/lose a little fat over a period of time.

Thoughts on this and how you all treat off days and slightly adjusting the calories, first time i've had to micromanage it during a bulk as ive always been lean but at the moment im sitting somewhere around 17%, i don't mind getting to 18 or 19 but i don't want to go more as the closer to 17% i can stay, the longer I can bulk.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/iej8nok

0 comments:

Post a Comment