Stuck on what to do

Hey guys,

Hope you're all well, healthy and safe.

I seek for a word of advice in a pretty desperate time, as I feel this is going to drive me insane.

I'm a 23 year old male. 6ft tall, weigh around 164 Lbs.

I've started at-home exercises as have no access to a gym and have been doing this for around 6 weeks now; I do 4 sets of push ups and a workout from YouTube every day. Prior to this, I pretty much did nothing at all.

I've been eating 1800 calories per day [all weighed, measured and logged on Myfitnesspal] mainly consisting of lean meat, greens, eggs and low fat cheese. On paper, it would seem I'm doing everything right as I've followed all the nutrition advice I could find.

1800 calories is not a lot, I find myself hungry constantly and it all seems to be for nothing; my body composition has not changed one bit, I haven't lost any weight and I haven't become much stronger. I feel I've very little muscle, as I cannot do any pull ups and lack energy and strength quite often, even though my bloodwork seems to be okay. The reason I'm trying to put myself in a deficit is because I just want to look somewhat lean; I carry a fair amount of fat around my thighs and feel like my chest and belly is flabby and have a bit of a pooch. Regardless of what I do I just cannot seem to progress. It's almost like my body is completely refusing to get rid of any fat unless I drop to something silly like 1500 calories, which I just wouldn't be able to sustain or maintain.
I'm in a state of desperation, constantly thinking there's something wrong with me and I just cannot seem to get out of it. Has anyone been in a similar boat or know what I should try to do? I'm open to any advice and am willing to do anything to simply progress my body to a state I'm okay with rather than battling with myself on a daily basis.

Thank you in advance for anyone who may have stumbled across this and hope you had a lovely Christmas.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/37TMB6Q

0 comments:

Post a Comment