Focus on losing more fat or recomping?

Following discussions I’ve followed on this section of the forum, I’m seriously considering doing a recomp instead of focusing on a calorie deficit. However, I want to make sure it is the right approach given my training status.

I’ve been working out for 20 weeks, and dieting (deficit) for 16 weeks. I’ve lost 5kg (11lbs) during these 16 weeks (now sitting at 65.3kg/144lbs at 5’8”), and made some newbie strength gains and muscle gains. Waist went down from 36” to 32.5”.

My first target was to get to around 15% bodyfat before going on a low bulk (at 36" waist I was definitely not going to bulk - my first motivator to start working out a few months ago was because I had gotten fat), but I’ve still got around 5% bodyfat to lose I think (see photos - link below) to get to around 15% bodyfat. I’m honestly on the fence between continuing to focus on fat loss (on the downside, not making much strength gains or increases in size), or trying out a recomp i.e. keeping calories close to maintenance and only increasing the calories if my strength gains stall.

What would you do? Caloric deficit until I get to 15% and then increase the calories later, or increase the calories to maintenance immediately (i.e. recomp now)?

I'm currently still linearly progressing in the gym. Appreciate your thoughts - thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/oHOpbhu


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/38IsqrJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment